This is advertiser content for HolistaPet.
Cannabidiol or CBD has a great reputation for healing various ailments. It is well known that CBD is good not only for humans but also for animals. CBD can be infused in pet products, ingested orally and even be used topically by them.
There are some similarities in the body structure of humans and animals, so CBD can prove beneficial for them as well. If you have been using CBD for your pet dog or cat, you should know that CBD can also work well with equine animals.
Horses have special requirements, and they can greatly benefit from the use of CBD for their many concerns. Like other creatures, horses also suffer from ailments and undergo mood changes and anxiety, which CBD is very helpful in eliminating.
The endocannabinoid system and your horse
The endocannabinoid system is present in all mammals and can be stimulated by CBD.
CBD from hemp mimics the natural endocannabinoids produced by the body.
The endocannabinoid system is crucial in many ways for the body's functioning.
It controls the immune system and reward system, as well as moods.
The endocannabinoid system can be manipulated by ingesting CBD so that you will experience less symptoms of pain and a better mood. CBD found in plants, such as Holistapet hemp extract can influence CBD receptors in the body and aid better health.
Horses are mammals and the endocannabinoid system is present in their bodies as well. The way CBD interacts with their bodies will be pretty much the same as how CBD interacts with the human body.
The following is how CBD extracts can help horses and their health:
1. Pain and inflammation in horses
Horses experience a lot of pressure which can result in pain. They run around a lot and have to carry the weight of their own heavy bodies as well as that of their riders.
● Horses encounter fractures on the field, and their bones are easily broken. They easily get sprains and wounded hooves. Laminitis is a specific condition which relates to bone inflammation in horses. CBD is effective in curing Laminitis in horses by triggering the endocannabinoid system.
● When horses have fractures, there will normally be inflammation in the affected area accompanied by redness, swelling, and feverishness. CBD can help relax the muscles of horses by mitigating inflammation.
● Unlike humans, bone fractures cannot be easily spotted in horses. Just like dogs, however, horses recover well when administered with CBD. In fact, there is a remarkable reduction in pain after CBD application in horses.
● CBD functions by reducing nerve-related pain in horses and by mitigating pain signals in cells. CBD also reduces swelling because it is a powerful anti-inflammatory that mitigates inflammatory cytokines, which are responsible for allergies and hypersensitivity.
● CBD has been found to help with arthritis as well. It helps reduce pain and inflammation, whether at rest or in motion.
CBD is very effective in helping horses with joint and inflammation problems. Although sore muscles can heal themselves, regular injuries can intensify and cause problems for your horse’s health.
CBD is a great way of maintaining your horse's health, and can heal them even when the telltale signs of fractures are not apparent. You can increase the lifespan of your horse with CBD.
2. Anxiety and stress in horses
Horses are sensitive animals, and they are susceptible to shifts in mood and anxiety as much as humans.
● Horses involved in competitions are particularly susceptible to arena anxiety, especially if the arena is enclosed. Horses can also sense the anxiety of their rider, and they will tend to feel skittish and unsettled as a result. CBD is great for mental health, balancing mood and generating positive feelings.
● Horses experience stress in many circumstances. One of the stresses they may encounter is when they are being trailered. It should be noted that horses are primarily herd animals, and they don't want to be separated from their leader as the experience induces anxiety.
● When horses are stressed, this manifests in a lot of behavioral problems such as lack of appetite, lethargy, and aggression.
If you leave your horse’s anxiety unaddressed, it may lead to further depression and even death. CBD oil is said to be very effective in establishing a good mood in horses who have previously suffered from anxiety attacks. They turn out to be more playful and cheerful after getting their dose of CBD.
3. Horse’s digestive health
The digestive health of your horse also faces considerable risk. Horses may experience any of these digestive problems: lack of appetite, indigestion, bloating, nausea, heartburn, and even ulcers. These digestive problems can affect their health and cause them to lose optimum performance.
● CBD for humans improves appetite and reduces nausea. CBD for horses works in much the same way as well.
● It should be noted that horses eat a diet rich in grains, and this may cause inflammation in the digestive tract. CBD is very effective in reducing inflammation and can help create balance in the digestive tract.
4. Horse cardiovascular health
If your horse is already aging, they will likely have problems with their heart.
CBD is very helpful in normalising heart health. CBD can stabilise irregular heartbeats as well as create a relaxing effect on the heart by helping blood vessels expand and promoting natural blood flow through the heart.
Getting your horse to have much needed CBD
More and more equestrians are incorporating CBD oil into their horse’s diets.
● CBD, aside from its healing benefits, contains other nutritional components such as omega-three and omega-six fatty acids.
● CBD has all the necessary vitamins such as A, C, D, E, and K. Aside from these benefits, CBD oil is also a rich source of chlorophyll and is gluten-free.
● CBD is also a rich source of protein and has all the necessary amino acids. Moreover, CBD oil is free from substances that can cause gas and has not been known to cause allergies.
You can give CBD directly to your horse by administering it orally under their tongue using a syringe. You can also mix it in equine feeds or purchase treats and foods made especially for horses that already have CBD infusions in them.
Horses are very useful and endearing creatures. They are unique animals with specific needs for which CBD can help.
If you love your pet horse, you should strive to give them the best health possible. CBD doesn't cost much, but it is very helpful in maintaining your horse’s health.
If they are suffering from any health problems, administering CBD will help your horses get back on their feet. In addition, CBD is a natural remedy, which means that it has fewer side effects.
This is advertiser content for HolistaPet.